Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blind Dates...Heaven or Hell?



I've recently been set up on a blind date. I really don't know how I feel about it. I trust the person setting me up, but still...I don't know. The last time I went on a blind date, I was a senior in high school and my best friend (let's call her Michelle) was dating this guy and he had a friend that wanted to meet a cute girl. At the time, I was really insecure and the only way I met guys was through Michelle. I agreed to meeting this friend on a double date with Michelle and her boyfriend. We went bowling *snort*.

I met the guy. He was nice, cute, and really funny. There was only one red flag. The man was 6'9''. What the hell! I didn't know I needed to make my height requirements known. I remember looking at this man who walked through the door like damn he's tall. Then when I realized he was walking his ass up to me, I almost had a heart attack. So it's no surprise that we didn't work out. I looked like his child! Sweet guy. Perfect guy for someone 5'10'' or taller.

So that's my luck when it comes to blind dates. I'm completely blind sided by little things or big ass things that make me say,"Hell No!"

Now that I think about it...I'm not doing that well even when I'm not blinded. I've been on so many bad dates that I honestly consider being alone for the rest of my life. And it always seems that whenever I do go on a good date, there is always an episode of Snapped that changes my mind. I'll honestly be thinking Tom was really cute and sweet but that little thing he does with his throat would make me kill him in 10 years. I know it's bad to think like that and I'm working on it. My problem should probably be fixed before 2012.

Blind dates, heaven or hell? I honestly don't know. I'm not sure if blind dates were created to confirm my theory of my soul mate dying at birth. I don't think my friends are congregating and creating different ways to embarrass me in front of the opposite sex.  Until I get myself back out on the social scene I have to go on this blind date. Who knows this man might be my future boonopolis. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this guy is not a creep or some unfortunate looking person that my trusted person wants to do a favor for.

I've heard this guy is Cuban, taller than me but not too tall, sweet, and new to the area. Oh please please please let this guy be a Carlos Delgado doppelgänger!


and yes, i know he's not cuban...