Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Power Thinker Question!

Dear Writer,
I'm 19 years old and in a delima. I met a guy at a book store a few months ago and soon after we started to talk and text just about everyday. I liked him instantly but there was one thing holding me back, he's 20 years older than me. I knew I shouldn't get caught up in something like that but he's a really respectful guy and I don't get a lot of that from guys in my age group.
So anyway, after talking back and forth for what seemed like forever, we finally had sex. It was amazing and that night I knew I was starting to fall for him. The next day he is taking me home and I tell him to drop me off at my aunt's house because I was supposed to babysit my cousins while she was out. I told him the address of where I was supposed to go and he gave me a funny look. I really wasn't paying that close of attention to him because I was running late and I was afraid my aunt would freak out on me when I got to her house. We got there fine with no problem and I jumped out of his truck to go to the house. About six hours later I get a text from him asking my aunt's name and I told him. I didn't get another text from him until the next day and he tells me he has to talk to me. We meet up and he tells me that he knows my aunt. He works with her and had been sleeping with her for the past two years. I was disgusted and left after he told me all about it.
I want to tell my aunt (who is still married to my father's brother) that I know about what she's doing. It's been two weeks and I've seen her twice and everytime I look at her I get sick to my stomach. I am mad at her because she ruined my relationship. I was starting to fall in love with a good man and she ruined it for me. I can never forgive her for that. I want to know what should I do? Should I tell her I know? Should I tell my uncle? Should I cut off all ties with my boyfriend? I still like him no matter what, in fact I might love him. I know it's crazy but I need some outside advice.

Dedra from Chicago

To Dedra: