Saturday, March 13, 2010

What happened to Ricky Martin?

 I remember rocking the self titled Ricky Martin album like nobody's business. It was my shiz. Now I can't tell you the last time I've seen it, but thanks to youtube I can listen to any song from that album any time I feel like it.

Today, I felt an urge to listen to some Ricky and reflect on a time when all I had to worry about was rushing home to watch MTV's Spring Break '99. OH! Those were the days. What happened to them? Damn! I wish they were here again.

Anyway, Ricky had it going on back in the day. I remember I used to practice writing Mrs. Ricky Martin in sophisticated looking handwriting on my trapper keeper about a million times. You couldn't tell me that I wasn't going to marry him. *snort*

Sometime after his 1999 explosion, Ricky released another album, but it didn't have the same impact on me like the first one. In fact, I didn't even buy the album, in a way it was a good thing. William Hung totally ruined it for me. Hell maybe that's what happened to Ricky Martin! William Hung killed his career! I hope that's not true and something that I just created in my head, because it would give me another reason to hate William Hung. I really don't need that; I'm trying to become the better person Conan told me to be.

Maybe sometime in the future Ricky will be back on stage shaking his cute ass at the camera. Until then, I don’t know what I will do…I’ll probably continue to listen to The Strokes, Kings of Leon, and MGMT so there would be no need to fret. However, I do wish there was at least one cute guy in those groups to stare at. Well there is Fab, but I’m really not into the heroin look. Oh well…