Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blame It On The Rain Because Mr. Brown Is Full of Sh*t!



I read a Quentin Tarantino quote years ago that said, "I steal from every movie ever made." Now I'm not sure if I should be mad at the fact that I just found out Reservoir Dogs is a complete rip off of a Hong Kong action film or if I should have expected it.

As a Tarantino fan I know what I'm getting myself into. I know that I might see something that has been on screen multiple times before by different directors. However, when it comes to Reservoir Dogs, a film he allegedly wrote while he worked as a video clerk and lived in a bedroom in his mother's home, I thought he would have been a little bit more original. And now that I have just written the latter statement I have just realized that Tarantino is the Milli Vanilli of film. I mean, this man bitched and moaned that he didn't win an award at Sundance with this film, and I agreed with him. Because do you what did win an award at Sundance during the reign of the class of 1992? Poison Ivy. Yeah! That shit film with Drew Barrymore, her boobs, and the dad from Steel Magnolias.

To boldly go around with a movie that you know you stole, is unforgivable to me. I was actually planning on stocking up on my Tarantino collection after realizing I only have Kill Bill vol. 1, Jackie Brown, Death Proof, and Reservoir Dogs, but now...no I don't think so, I'll pick up a Spike Lee Joint instead.


Question: People actually bought that? My goodness! You should be ashamed of yourself.

And Quentin if you're reading this (because who isn't *snort*) I am ashamed of you. I loved your movies, and they inspired me to pack up my things and go to Hollywood, because I knew I could make it just like you. But now...I'm crushed. It's honestly like find out that there is no God, no Santa Claus, or no real superheroes because that's what you were to me. You were my God, my Santa Claus, and my Batman. I honestly don't know how I can ever watch one of your films again. I honestly hope the next one isn't my copyrighten script on Erwin Stoff's desk or else it would be on. Have Eli Roth suck on that!