Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What Resolution?

Is there really a point in making one anymore? No one ever follows through with them; well I know I don't. I remember last year it was to stop drinking so much, and as I sip on my third cocktail, I see that didn't go so well.

I didn't even bother this year. There are some things I could work on, but whatever! When it gets annoying to others, maybe that's when I'll do something about it. However, not one of my many issues is something I could focus on long enough to fix. 

I spoke to a friend today, and she told me that my resolution should be finishing one of my many scripts that I allowed her (and only her) to read. I didn't like that. First of all! I don't like being told what to do, and second, writing takes time. I refuse to sit in front of my computer and just type. I have to feel what I'm writing to be able to call myself a writer. If I don't feel anything, then I feel like one of those coffee shop computer posers.

I guess I could finish something tonight. 

Lately, I've been having some pretty random thoughts. I've jotted them down, but together, none of  it makes sense. 

Maybe my resolution should be for me to take the time out to understand myself.

AHHH! I'm hopeless.