Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Still Can't Believe They Shut Down Michigan Ave. For This Shiz


I am not a fan of the Transformer movies. I don't get them or care about them. So last year, when half of the city of Chicago was shut down to film the third installment of this franchise, I threw up a little in my mouth.

I didn't understand why in the middle of summer (during the times of Lollapalooza, The Taste, and other random Chicago festivities), why the mayor and the people involved in making this movie thought it was a good idea to shut down Michigan Ave. in the middle of the day. Not only was it beyond stupid, but it made me late for work. 

Although I love and support movies that are filmed in Chicago, I won't be supporting this one. Why? Because it made me lose money. 

The only way I'll venture out to see this film, is if Steve Spielberg personally hands me a check to make up for lost wages, then agrees to produce and direct my first film. 

That will be more fulfilling than Walgreen's having a freezer stocked full of Haagen Dazs Strawberry ice cream when the 2 for $5 special comes around...they never have any!!!