Monday, March 22, 2010

I hate working in group projects

Once upon a time when I was a mediocre student, I used to love group projects. It used to allow me time to slack off and joke around with my classmates. Since becoming a college student, I have since matured and learned to take advantage of group projects. They allow me to have fun while learning things that I didn't know. However, now that I have changed schools and no longer deal with people with my intell level, I have been put in the role of group leader. I hate it! I know I'm smart and whatever work that I do will be done to the best of my ability, but the other people in my groups don't feel the same way. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have to pay out of pocket for school while others rely on the government aid for their edjumacation.

I just recently had to do a project with a partner that seemed reliable when we started working together. We had to turn in the project last Monday, two days after my Irish adventure. It's my own fault really. I should have never partied so hard that I wore myself out. I hadn't been out in such a long time that I forgot it was still winter time. I was dressed too cute for the winter and that's what I get. That party hardy attitude lead to me being sick on Monday morning, and that lead to me being absent when my project was due. Although I was sick I emailed my work to my professor. She allowed it, but said that she was going to go off of the work of my partner for my grade.

Monday 3/22/10, I get received a 100/125 points. What the hell? I did the work. It's all there...hold the fuck on! You mean to tell me, this mofo didn't set up the assignment the way the professor told us? What the hell. I'm missing 25 points from my grade and that means 25 points from my final grade. Oh hell no!

The first thing I did was call my mother. She is the only person that can ever calm me down. I swear, I have never met anyone like her. She has the weight of the world on her shoulders but still manages to be the calmest person I have ever met. I have never seen my mother in a bad mood. I honestly think it comes from her being a product of the 60s. She has seen it all and heard it all. She honestly does not give a fuck. It always cracks me up how some people think she has a bad attitude or is arrogant. I'm like how do you get that from her being quiet and laid back? If my mother doesn't like you it's because she doesn't know you and doesn't care enough about you to get to know you.

Anyway moms calmed me down as only she can. I did, but not after I wrote an email to my partner:

I understand that this class may be secondary to you and you don't care about the grade that you will receive but when your tendency not to care affects my grade I have to say something. It was clearly stated that we had to set up our dialogical journals a certain way in order to decent grade. Why you didn't do it is beyond me. It was a major factor in our grade for the paper and brought it down significantly. I understand that I was absent the day that the journal due, but I still managed to do exactly what the professor said and emailed it to her to let her know that I was doing my work. If you don't want to continue to do the dialogical journals the way they are supposed to be done then I will gladly move on to another group, because it seems as though you don't want to. I emailed you a while ago and have yet to get a reply. I know you got it because I saw it when you opened up your email to do your PowerPoint presentation. I take my grades very seriously and if I'm coming across too strong I really don't care because I refuse to end this class with anything less than my best.

He replied:

First and foremost I care about my grade as well so for u to say i don't is soo totally out of line! I don't really know you that well so I understand how u feel about your grade i feel the same way. But you did not remind me of how it was supposed to be set up because if u did I would have set it up that way! And please do not blame me, when u could have took the initiative and emailed me and explained that it was set up wrong. If i would have known it was being graded on how it was set up i would have cared about that more than turning it in @ all. Im not a hard person to get along with but u feel the need you want to find a new partner be my guest. But as far as im concerned please don't say that you expressed to me something you did not!!

Reader, I don't know if you know this but it's on. Here is the rest of our exchange. His emails are in red.

Okay I never said that I was supposed to be the one telling you how to set up the journal because that wasn't my job. I never said that at all and if you read the email that I sent to you, you will see that I never said that in the email. I was clearly talking about what Professor Rivera said to us multiple times in class. So the blame is still being placed on you since you were the person to turn in the journal. You clearly don't pay attention to detail or direction because she told us in plain English that the set up for the Dialogical Journals were on Blackboard. The way you printed out the journal as is reflects laziness and carelessness; qualities that say so much about your care of your grades. You know I find it funny how you care so much about your grade but lack the ability to finish assignments and show up to class. You truly are a great student.

To be honest I don't need or care to much for your criticism or care for what you think you know. And to be honest if this is all about your grade its very funny how this has turned into a personal intervention of what u think you know about Me! Quite frankly maybe you should talk to the professor and find a new partner if I'm such a big issue for you and YOUR grade because im sorry that YOU didn't print it out and tell me why we were going back and forth writing to not to forget that it was never done correctly cause im sorry Partner i didn't know that it was an I in team!!! But besides all that im not going to freight over it .. and i don't really wanna keep going wit this childish ass emails because if you really wanted to talk to me that bad you could've jus spoke to me face to face. I WAS in class today or you didn't notice cuz im seldomly absent from class, I forgot.

lol! you're so funny. really? i have to let you know how to do YOUR assignment? do i have to let you know to put YOUR name on YOUR assignment? lol do i need to come over to wipe YOUR ass after you take a shit? lol no, I hope not. I did what I was supposed to do. I emailed her the assignment she took my assignment but told me that she was going to grade what you turned in. I made sure I did what I had to do regardless of my condition at the time. I don't care what you appreciate, I'm letting you know how I feel, and right now I feel that your excuses are ridiculous.

It's not over! I'm waiting for the two hemispheres of his brain to come together to make up a good comeback. 25 points! I wanted and needed an A. This ass just stopped me from reaching my goal. It's okay. I'll get him back.