Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I totally spaced in class today

In my film and lit class we are currently watching and discussing Kill Bill Vol.1, one of my favorite movies. At the moment I got a little full of myself, I decided to answer a question about Tarantino's pop culture references in the film. I honestly don't know what happened, but I know I heard my professor say KILL BILL VOL. 1; why the hell was I thinking about Jackie Brown. Given Jackie Brown is a freakin classic and should be discussed at all hours of the day, but for why did I choose now to talk about the film?

Instead of talking about all of the obvious pop culture references in Kill Bill Vol. 1, I start talking about Charles Broson and Samuel Jackson's famous speech in Jackie Brown. I couldn't stop it. It came out like word vomit! I knew what I was talking about was dumb by the way my prof. was looking at me like what the hell are you talking about. 

I'm so ashamed of my stupid arrogance. I'm so glad next week is Spring Break; maybe the class will forget my flub up. Hopefully!

The scene I talked about: