Thursday, June 3, 2010

R.I.P. Rue McClanahan

The Loyal Legion who frequent this blog knows how much I love The Golden Girls. I wake up and fall asleep watching The Golden Girls. I've done this since I was 13 years old, so the women on that show played an important part of my upbringing; especially when I went through that little awkward phase in high school when I felt alone and they made me laugh. So to hear the news that Rue McClanahan (AKA Blanche Devereaux) passed away today at the age of 76, I couldn't do anything but cry. I'm crying now. And I feel weird since I didn't know this woman or any of The Golden Girls. They were only actors but every time one of them passed I felt as though had I lost a family member. Cliché yes, but thank you for being a friend Ms. McClanahan and may you rest in peace.