Friday, February 4, 2011

$0.00


It's not like I'm completely broke, but I am suffering what I like to refer to as the Janet Jackson Recession. 

About 3 weeks back, I shelled out $300 for 2 tickets to see my girl perform her #1 hits. I was so happy when I first held those tickets in my hand, but after that moment came and went, I've been wanting to break down and cry.

The only good part of this whole thing is that I know I will be receiving 1/2 of the money back, but damn Janet! I can watch this shit on youtube.

It's not like I haven't seen her before. My mom took me to see her in 1993. It was my second concert. The first was MC Hammer's 2 Legit Tour...say what you want, but I still remember every moment of that night: TLC, Boys II Men, plus 2,000 Hammer dancers, WHAT!

Anyway, the concert is March 8 and I'm still trying to figure out if I want to sale my ticket or not. Having that money in the bank will be very beneficial for my move back to Cali, but on the flip side all that waiting in the bitter Chicago cold would have been for nothing, plus I wouldn't be able to say that I've seen Janet Jackson 3 times in concert (because we all know how important that is).

I try to push myself away from selling my ticket by comparing my ticket purchase to a shoe purchase. The same money I bought the tickets with was the same money I was going to put towards my move and a new pair of Michael Kors Bromley flat black leather boots. I've had my eye on them for awhile, and I dream of them at night. Shoes are my lovah!!!

Do you see the sacrifices I've had to make for Ms. Jackson! What has she done for me lately? What am I supposed to do? I feel like I am the King of Sorrow. Pity me.