Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm starting to get offended

I was down for another Pirates sequel, but this right here got me pulling my hairs out:

Oscar nominee Penelope Cruz is in talks to join director Rob Marshall in the fourth instalment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
Cruz, shortlisted for a best supporting Oscar for her role in Marshall's Nine, will star opposite Johnny Depp, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Depp returns as Captain Jack Sparrow, in a tale revolving around the Fountain of Youth. Filming begins this summer.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is set to open in May 2011.
The Ring director Gore Verbinski, who directed the original hit film, and subsequent sequels, announced he was stepping down from the series last year.
Terry Rossio and Ted Elliot have written the script for the forthcoming film, with Jerry Bruckheimer as producer.
However, Depp's former co-stars, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, are not expected to return.
The previous three films earned more than $2.6bn (£1.5bn) around the world.
Cruz, 35, earned her third Oscar nomination earlier this month for Marshall's star-studded musical Nine - a reworking of Federico Fellini's 81/2 - but is widely predicted to lose out to Precious star Mo'Nique.
The Spanish star won the best supporting gong last year for her role in Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
stolen from bbc news

As if the last installment wasn't enough for them to stop with the bullsh*t, they add Penelope Cruz into the mix. Okay cool, but is she going to have any speaking lines? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to offend my out of town brothers and sisters but this woman's accent is one of the many things that makes me want to rupture my eardrum. I love her. I think she is very beautful, but just as long as she keeps her mouth closed. When she speaks I'm always wondering if my tele is on acid. The words seemed doubled and I go cross-eyed trying to break down what the hell she said in my head.

I should be happy that they are considering an actress that I kinda like, because after watching Keira Knightly pout for three films I would even take Donnie Wahlberg as the sexy female lead.