Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Leo as Hoover?


Apparently Clint Eastwood is making a bio-pic about J. Edgar Hoover staring Leonardo DiCaprio as Hoover. According to NewYorkMagazine, the movie will tell the truth about Hoover and showcase his homosexual relationship with "protégé" Clyde Tolson in full detail. 

Okay there is no doubt in my mind that Leonardo DiCaprio can pull it off, it's just that him playing J. Edgar Hoover will forever ruin the fantasy that 90s started. I'm not so sure if I'm ready for it even with Clint Eastwood behind the camera. 

The role of Tolson is rumored to be played by Joaquin Phoenix.  An actor I love regardless of his latest crazy behavior and talk hair crawling frogs and that beard... 

Anyway, since Leo is something like a method actor I sense that he will have to put on some weight to play this dude. It should be fun watching him pork up,  looking like he swallowed a model. And as for Joaquin it should be fun watching him make sense again. 

Who knows how this will turn out. I'll turn into an optimist (again) and pray that it turns out great. If not then it was a good try.