Friday, January 21, 2011

Is Tim Burton Directing This One Too?


Apparently, Disney is remaking The Wizard of Oz with Johnny Depp after Robert Downey Jr. dropped out. I'm not sure if this is 100% fact or just one of those rumors that is fed to movie dorks (like myself) just to create buzz about an upcoming project, but I'm hoping it is.

And I don't know if the loyal legion is aware, but Johnny can't seem to make a decent movie without Tim Burton. And I hate to steal from Ricky G. but has anyone seen The Tourist? I knew it would be the most boring movie of the year, and I was proven right by all the negative statuses on facebook (the truth).

However, like X-Men, I'm staying optimistic about this; even if Tim Burton doesn't direct. Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to see Helena Bonham Carter as Dorothy. Bummer.