Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why You Really Mad?

I have this one co-worker who seems to always be pissed off. No matter the day or situation, she always has to give her negative ass two cents on it. It's annoying and has been annoying since she thought it was a good idea to pretending like she was my boss. During my first few days of working with her, she thought it was a good idea to tell me not to ever wear the black jeans I was wearing to work. Instead, I should get some cheap ass pants from K-Mart and wear them everyday until I could afford new and better clothes, because she was so sure that my actual boss would have something negative to say about my clothing and I would get fired...

SN: Who told this chick I didn't have clothes. Hell I don't want to show up to work looking like her old ass, I like looking cute. Hater!

Anyway, at that time I didn't say anything back to her because I was new and I didn't know everyone just yet. I didn't realize at the time that she was borderline crazy and that she had had run ins with various other people at my place of work. Since that time, I made a conscience effort to approach her very slowly and calmly. When you're dealing with crazies, you should never make sudden movements; you never know what might tick them off.

At work, I'm basically a much tamer version of my actual self. I have to bite my tongue (which my co-workers don't do when it comes to me) and pretty much keep to myself. My co-workers know bits and pieces of my life. When I tried to share a little bit about myself, I was ridiculed, so I've learned what to talk about. However, Lindsay (that's what I'll call my crazy co-worker) never bites her tongue when she should. 

Other than telling me how I should dress, she has told me how to do my job, not to wear leggings, to shut up..., and to stop bitching so much. All of the listed occasions I have kept my mouth shut, but this past Saturday I just about had it. 

It was a busy day, and Lindsay was called in early because we had two call-offs. I didn't see it as that big of a deal since Lindsay had been wanting to come in early anyway, but when she showed up to work she was livid. She started complaining about having to come in early, and bullshit excuses people use not to show up to work. 

One of the people who called off was DeeDee. She's really sweet, but she always seems to call off at the wrong times. Lindsay and DeeDee have a dysfunctional relationship. I'm not sure if they like or hate each other, but I'm almost sure Linday kinda hates DeeDee; she's always talking shit about her. It causes awkwardness when I work alone with them, because I'm waiting for Linday's head to spin around and spit green shit on DeeDee's face as soon as DeeDee disagrees with something Lindsay says. 

The green shit almost got spit in my face when I was left alone with Lindsay. She told me how to do my job, and I questioned her about it. Before I knew it, the head went spinning and she exclaimed that I should never talk to her again. What happened next amazed the hell out of me. I had never seen myself act so fucking calm. It was like a scene out of The Godfather. She was the Sonny to my Michael when I calmly drank the remaining water from my water bottle, told her to never talk to me like she had lost her damn mind ever again, and walked out of the office like nothing had happened. 

Let's just say home girl was pissed. That might have happened at 2:15 pm and at 6:30 pm when I left for home, she was still fuming. What the hell?

I know whatever I questioned her about couldn't have been that bad, so I know it wasn't all about me. However, I also know what DeeDee did couldn't have been that bad, I was also affected by DeeDee's decision, and I wasn't annoyed with it at all (I'm sure the loyal legion knows how easily I'm annoyed). So why was she really mad? 

I believe she finally realized that unlike her I don't shop at K-Mart, and that I still wear jeans although she told me not to. In fact, I was wearing jeans on that day...she just couldn't handle it. 

The next time I wear jeans (which will be Thursday), I'll remember to proceed with caution. She'll probably flip out again, but I'll know how to handle it. 

Crazy ass...