Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No Dangerous Methods For Me


First of all I would like to say: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! and WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?! 

Seriously! For why can't things ever go my way for once? It's seriously like the gods of good times look down on me and laugh their asses off whenever I attempt to have just that.

For two weeks life has sucked for me. I reallyed need a pick me up, so I decided to check out what was going on with the Chicago International Film Festival. Ever since I moved back to Chicago, it had always been my intention to attend the film festival, but for some reason I was never able to go. So instead of waiting on people to go with me, I went on my own to go pick up tickets for Monday night's viewing of A Dangerous Method. I've mentioned before that I really wanted to see this movie. When I saw this I can honestly say this was the first time I smiled in two weeks. I felt lucky!

However, it was very unlucky for me that I was driving downtown right after work and couldn't find anywhere to park, so I had to park in the venue's expensive ass parking lot: $12 FOR 30 MINUTES! I reasoned by telling myself it was for a good cause. A Dangerous Method? Cronenberg, Mortensen, and Fassbender in one movie? I would have paid anything my account would have allowed me to pay on those tickets.

Alright, so here's what happened: I go to the venue, find the right line to purchase the tickets, tell the cashier what I want to see, when I want to see it, and how many people were coming with me (I was forcing my two of my favorite companions to see what I'm sure is a quality flick), and the cashier (in his  douchiest nicest possible voice) tells me that the show is all sold out. I freak out and tell him to check again. I know it was one of the most anticipated shows at the film festival, but I don't believe in "no", so I told him to check again. He did. There weren't anymore tickets available, and I swear that was the longest walk back to my car. I had my head down, arms swinging, and that lump in my throat started to get tighter and tighter. I was thisclose to crying. Then it dawned on me: I JUST SPENT $12 FOR 5 MINUTES OF PARKING...no fair!

Oh well! I know I'll see it eventually...