Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I mean I give and I give

and what do I get? Attitude! I only tried to look out for the little troll and she actually gave me attitude...Okay I'll start at the beginning:
There is this dumbass in my Film and Lit Class. She tells me that she's having trouble with her school work so I told her that I would help. I gave this girl every little bit of attention I was never given when I was a struggling student. I'll be the first to admit that at times like this I can be a little bossy, but hey when I'm helping I want to see my protégé succeed.

The little something came up to me after failing to turn in a paper and asked me for help. I told her that I would and to meet me in the library. I met her little ass in the library and started to correct the sorry ass paragraph she wrote and she started to flip out on me.

"What are you doing?” she asked.

"I'm correcting your mistakes."

"This paper is perfectly fine!"

"Yeah? So why didn't you turn it in?"

She sat back and folded her arms. She went into some wack-ass explanation about why she was so bad at school. She actually told me that she didn't learn how to write paragraphs properly and never learned how to type a paper using MLA format because she went to a bad high school. I looked at her and asked her what high school she went to. She just so happened to attend the same high school as my mother. It's not the best school right now, but I'm pretty sure some time in elementary school she learned what nouns, pronouns, verbs, and adverbs were. I'm also pretty sure at the level we're both at, that she learned that a paragraph consists of 4-5 sentences. Needless to say, I rolled my eyes at her and continued to help her. Then she did it. She snatched the damn paper from me just as I was putting a comma where it needed to be.

That was it. I was officially over it and her. I grabbed my bag and left the library. How dare she try to make me feel inferior to her. Her, the LD (local dummy) who can't even ride a roller coaster.

The moment I walked away, I didn't think much of it. However, it's been four days since the situation and I'm heated. I have to write to keep me from emailing her an angry message and ending with a Simpson's HA HA!

I know that I should worry about myself right now. ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW! But I honestly can't help it. I tend to care for other people a lot, even people I hardly know. This has never happened to me. I'm going to be reflecting on this for some time.