Thursday, February 25, 2010

Power Thinker Question!

Amber from New Haven, Ct
I've been reading your blog for two weeks now, and you're clever. However, you mentioned that you were black. I normally don't care what race people are, but you seem to mention it a lot, especially in that John Mayer post. I just want to say, that as a fan of John Mayer, I know he's not a racist and it's not necessary to get all worked up over something that you read. He's words could have been taken out of context or turned around. John has performed with a lot of black people so I know he's not racist. Maybe offensive, but not racist.

I really like your blog but I just wish you lay off of the black talk. Just a suggestion.

I wasn't going to post anything, but I just had to acknowledge this email. I wrote something else, but I ended up cutting it and cutting straight to the chase:

Dear Amber,


Okay, are you okay in the head? Did you read what John Mayer said? If yes, please continue reading. If no, get a life! I don't think I called him a racist, I do believe I called him an asshole. Although assholes can be racists, I don't think John Mayer is a racist. I do believe that he is a self-centered, juvenile, ignorant, asshole.

What's your problem with me talking about my nationality? I'm a black woman, and damn proud of it. I don't give a damn if you like it or not. If you don't, there are plenty of other blogs with nice Anglo conscious writers that don't feel the need to talk about their race.
Does me talking about my race upset you? Do you feel threatened? Are my black words too much for you to handle? Girl, go somewhere else with that mess. I'm not the one to complain to about race issues. If anything I'm happy when people (regardless of race) talk about their nationality with pride. Why do you have a problem when I do it? Girl you don't know me, and please thank God that you don't.

My advice to you would be to think twice before you speak, not only on the issues of race, but when you talk about anything. You don't seem like a very smart person. Read a book, watch the news, do something else besides trying to learn via the internet, because it's clearly not working out for you.

And oh yeah! I'll let this proud JEWISH woman speak for me:

pic stolen from dlisted