Friday, July 30, 2010

What A Salty Piece Of Shit!


I don't care that I went to go see SALT for free, I want a refund! 

From the beginning of the film, SALT was a slap in the face to summer movie -goers and lovers. I, not even for a minute, believed that any of the tomfoolery laced action on the big screen could have actually happened in real life.

And I know what you're thinking (yes I can read minds), you just don't like Angelina Jolie. Nope, you're wrong. I love Angelina Jolie. I've been a fan since Gia and Girl Interrupted. I have never once gave a damn about the whole Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie vs. The Chin. I have always been Team Angelina, but this is making me think twice. 

It seems to me that maybe the media is over-hyping Ms. Jolie and trying to force feed the bad-ass persona she once had, down our throats to make us forget what might or might not have happened in the past. I'm sick of it. Enough! Enough with the bad ass roles! No more gun slinging, tattooed "tough girl" exterior, and movie kung-fu. I've had it!

Ms. Jolie is 35 years old. Let her do some 35 year old woman shit and leave the bad movies to someone like Megan Fox, who is young and dumb and the perfect actress for movies without substance.

Now I'm not one to spoil a film so there will be no examples as to why I thought the movie was bad. I just wanted to state my opinion and it leave up to my loyal legion to make up their mind as to if they want to go see it or not. 

My rating for this movie is 2 and 1/2 stars out of 5 stars. I'm giving the movie such a high rating because it isn't completely helpless. It does star one of my favorite actors Chiwetel Ejiofor, and there were times when I find myself smiling. One of them being when Ms. Jolie's character FINALLY got rid of that awful blonde hair.