Thursday, April 8, 2010

the BIRD BIRD BIRD the BIRD is the WORD

I have decided to cut meat out of my diet. Not because I think killing animals is wrong, but because I think them killing me is offensive. I watched this video in class about how majority of all the diseases Americans have stem from animal based product consumption. Yep even fish. Ever heard of mercury poison people?

Well I just gave it all up. At first it was cold turkey, and then I went out and ate a Mickey D snack wrap. I reasoned that since I wasn't keeping my word to myself that I should only kinda cheat. I'm pretty sure Jesse James felt the same way when he told himself that he wasn't really cheating since he was screwing a woman that was half human/half sharpie.

Like I said before, I'm doing this for my health. However, when I say health I'm not talking about losing weight. I could give a damn about losing weight; I just don't want to die prematurely. Cancer, diabetes, cataracts, obesity, arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, chronic migraines, high blood pressure, strokes, and Alzheimer’s all run in my family. I want to make sure that I have a healthy immune system to help me if and when my body gets plagued with one of those harmful alignments.

Today has officially been Day 1 of my vegan mission. I did well until a pizza I had lead me to believe that it was only sauce and crust when in reality the cheese was hidden under the sauce. DAMN YOU HOME RUN INN!

I'm pretty sure Day 2 will be better. I'll make sure I'll keep the loyal legion posted.