Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday Gilda!


June 28, 1946 – May 20, 1989

While I was recovering from my hangover, I totally forgot to say happy birthday to someone I admire most after my mom. Mrs. Gilda Susan Radner Wilder would have been 64 years old today if she hadn't died on May 20, 1989 at the young age of 42.

Gilda Radner was by far my favorite SNL cast member, and my number one funny lady. I remember being a kid and watching the really old episodes of Saturday Night Live and falling in love with her humor. Who doesn't love Roseanne Roseannadanna, the romantic dancing couple, or Litella AKA the "never-mind" lady? Gilda Radner was one of a kind.


"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."