Thursday, August 26, 2010

What Ever Happened To Jonathan Taylor Thomas? (I refuse to call him JTT)


I can honestly say that I never had a crush on him when I was younger. Serious. I think he was maybe the one BOP magazine regular that I never cared for. So I'm kinda surprised at my sudden fascination with him and his current whereabouts.

I've done my research AKA cyber stalking and I came up with nothing since 2006. Apparently he's a full time student and voice actor. The most recent thing that I saw him in was in a rerun of that show 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenager Daughter, in which he played a nerd who was in love with and got the teenage daughter.

I'm surprised at how he just seem to vanish from the spotlight. I wonder if it was self induced or forced by the powers that be. Could Tim Allen have something do to with it? He could have been jealous that over time   Randy Taylor became the highlight of Home Improvement and not the beyond unnecessary mishaps of Tim Taylor. Rumor has it that when Jonathan Taylor Thomas left the show in 1998 to attend college, Tim Allen and the rest of the cast weren't too happy about that. 

Was he a little jealous that not even one of his dumb ass movies even match the level of success that The Lion King had and he needed Jonathan to bring in the audience to his failing and boring show?  People can talk about Toy Story and how successful those movies are, but who wanted to be Buzz Lightyear? Hell I know I didn't. Everyone wanted to be Simba and everyone knows exactly where they were when they saw The Lion King for the very first time and how devastated they were when Mufassa died. Mufassa's death hails as one of the saddest moments in cinema history. 


Don't get me wrong, I love both movies but I have to admit that I love The Lion King more. Not just because it is set in the Motherland, but because of the additional voice talents. James Earl Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Jeremy Irons, Jason Weaver, Ferris Bueller, that skating chick, Madge Sinclair (the Queen Mother in Coming To America), and of Jonathan Taylor Thomas whose little voice was so unique and perfect for the role. 


Apart from The Lion King, he also starred in some other Disney movies like Tom and Huck and Man of the House (a movie that was on the same tape as Blank Check and Dumbo). He was also in non-Disney films like Wild America, I'll Be Home For Christmas, and Speedway Junky. The movies weren't that great but they weren't as bad as Fantasia and Get Over It

During my searching I also came across awful rumors talking about is sexual preference and a recent one (circa April 2010) that he died. The cause of death is unknown so this little bit of info is suspect. I doubt he's dead, I'm sure the info would have been everywhere! I'm sure he's somewhere being a brain or living his life outside of Hollywood. There is a world outside of Hollywood called the real world and I'm sure (and I hope) he's happy doing whatever it is he's doing.

*UPDATE* JTT HAS BEEN SPOTTED. I REPEAT: JTT HAS BEEN SPOTTED! click here for more details.